29 Aug 2007

Curtains Down for Onam Celebrations in Thiruvananthapuram City

Kerala state capital Thiruvananthapuram is about to come off its festival mood, with the week-long celebrations coming to a close. Sixteen official stages of Onam celebrations within the city amused the city folk to no end. Ganamela (music programs), dance programs, Kalaripayattu (martial art form of Kerala), competitions of various kinds, all added to the festivities.

The ghazals at the Press Club hall and the Ganamela at Poojappura ground were the two items I preferred for the day. I was with my friend Suma Kumar while enjoying ghazals by Raghuram, where the audience could be counted to less than 35. My friend had to leave for home at 8.00 pm and I had to leave too.

Then I am all alone and free to wander on my own and I headed over to Poojappura, where Jassi Gift, Sayanora, Vidhu Pratap, Devanand, etc were amusing the crowd that stayed there inspite of a quick lash of rain. Dancing away in merry, the guys were enjoying the music to end.



Today, there is Magic Show by Prof Samraj at Suryakanti Auditorium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here...